These products are analytical systems compatible with ASTM E 1559 compliant tests (Standards of American Society for Testing and Materials), and are utilized for space materials evaluations.
- Measurements can be made at extremely low temperatures (-196℃ to +125℃) and high vacuum (10-4Pa or less) suitable for space environments.
- The desorption gas emitted from the sample can be measured with high accuracy with up to four sensor modules .
Measurement is possible without gasifying the measurement sample.
- Without destroying the sample, it is possible to collect it as it is.
- No sample size restrictions provides outgas measurement withthe final product state.
※The photo shows the sample loading in a small vacuum chamber.
Frequency fluctuations due to temperature changes can be cancelled with high accuracy and accurate measurements can be made.
- Even if the temperature is varied from -190℃ to +125℃, the difference between the detection electrode and the standard electrode is within ±6ppm of the actual force.
- ・ Frequency fluctuation of each electrode is 800 ppm or more.
- ・ Within ±6ppm by taking the difference
- ・ Effect of temperature fluctuation 1/100 or less
The characteristic difference of the sensor module is small, and the syetem probvides high accuracy measurement.
- Variations in desorption of the outgas adsorbed to the four sensor modules at the time of temperature rise are within ±1.5℃.
silicone rubber (RTV-S691)
Systems examples of compatible with ASTM E 1559 compliant tests
Compact high vacuum evaluation system is available
"Twin-QCM Real Time Monitor" is dedicated application software to handle the Twin-QCM sensing unit and to monitor, to analyze data.
- Measurement and monitoring of frequency changes in QCM Sensor Modules
- Measurement and monitoring of temperature changes in QCM Sensor Modules
- Storage function of measured frequency and temperature data in csv format
- Analysis functions such as measuring the frequency deviation of acquired frequency data and superimposing waveforms
- Frequency stability monitoring by Allan ANALYSIS METHOD
- Analysis of desorption rates and thermal correlations of contaminants by ER (Evaporation Rate) Charts
- Monitoring the status of Twin-QCM Sensing unit
- Editing of temperature control program and writing to temperature controller (built-in Twin-QCM Sensing unit)
- Determination of CQCM/TQCM and automatic switching of temperature control system
Twin-QCM Real Time Monitor Screen example
|Twin-CQCM Sensor Module
|10.278MHz(Fundamental wave) /30.833MHz(The 3rd. overtone)
|2.39x108 (Hz/g)㎠(Fundamental wave)
7.17x108 (Hz/g)㎠(The 3rd. overtone)
|Operating temperature range
|-196 ～ +125℃
（against +25℃ (-80℃ to +80℃)
|Measurement viewing angle
|20° (Harf Angle)
|Twin-QCM Sensing unit(4ch)
|Number of control channels
|1 ～ 4
|Frequency detection accuracy
|Operating temperature range
|+10 ～ 40℃
|Power supply voltage
|AC100V ～ AC240V(50/60Hz)
|437(W) x 132(H) x 499(D) mm(Except protrusions)
*The power supply voltage may be limited depending on the country or region where the product is used.
External appearance of Twin-CQCM Sensor Module (unit:mm)
External appearance of Twin-QCM Sensing unit(4ch) (unit:mm)
ASTM E 1559(Standards of American Society for Testing and Materials)
ASTM is a standard established by the American Society of Testing Materials (now ASTM International), the world's largest standardization body. It is a test method recommended by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) and Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency（JAXA）.
ASTM E 1559 is a real-time test (out-gas rate measurement test) to measure the amount that adorobed on QCMs (Quartz Crystal Microbalance: quartz resonators) in which the outgasses emitted from the materials are kept at a constant temperature.
Outgas rate measuring device conceptual diagram
(Provided by JAXA)
【Test method example】QCM sensor: 3 units used
Sensor 1co: Cool to -183℃ or less